Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ROAD TRIP

So as most of you know, the annual Dance Barn spring recital was just last weekend. Thank you to all those who attended!! I hope you were extertained!! It's nice to know people like to come and watch the show that we focus and work on for eight months. And also nice to know I have an awesome, supportive group of friends and family. Our theme this year was Road Trip, and as a teacher at the studio I must admit that the show was VERY successful. All my girls danced rocked it. If you saw the show I know you most likely agree. And if you don't...welllllll...you don't know what you're talking about. And if you didn't come to the show...wellllll... you don't know what you're missing. So I'd like to thank some people for this fantastic year of dance at the Dance Barn.


First, Emily Kleinkopf. If you haven't seen this girl dance.. you need to. She is also an awesome teacher, choreographer, friend, example, and influence. And she is never short of a sense of humor. She is AMAZING. She is going to BYU for college and I am going to miss her dearly.


Second, Heidi Durfee. This is my assistant. She is fantastic. I think she is sticking around since she is graduating too. I hope she does because she is the sweetest girl ever and we like having her around :)


Third, Kaitlyn Dwiggins. This is my Taitlyn. And I am her Lex Lex. She has always been one of my closest friends. She is very trustworthy and you can always count on her to be a good friend.. She is the office manager at the studio and she has helped me out tremendously this year.


Fourth, Keri Decker... she is my adopted older sister. I always wanted an older sister and when I met this girl I finally got one! :) We make a fabulous team.. really we do. We have had many late night slap happy times and some of my best memories are with her. She has been the best influence on me and I lover her to death. Really, I do. Whale mates and explicit alliteration creators for life. Fifth, my mama. She is the best mom ever. Srsly, don't even try to argue that. She is not only my mom but she is one of my best friends. If you haven't met her, you should. You're life will never be the same after you do. She is beautiful inside and out and I hope to be just like her someday...


AND FINALLY, my girls. I love teaching these beautiful ladies. And even though I yell at them to "point their toes!" or to be "SHARP!" they know I love every moment with them. They are amazing dancers and people all around.

IT WAS AN AMAZING YEAR AND GET READY FOR NEXT YEAR!!! WORLD TOUR to come!!!! Ps- sorry for the extremely long post. But I had alot to say.. so get.over.it.

2 comments:

  1. ALEX! I love you! And you are gorgeous. Not to mention sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Dance Barn. WMFL.

    ReplyDelete