Thursday, January 19, 2012

a pet peeve, an update, and an important, exciting announcement.

Hello people who read this! And if you are new, welcome to my little world where I say whatever I want and get away with it. So I have this pet peeve and recently it is driving me crazy. What the heck is up with people and Facebook and posting a status every hour of their day? Three words. GET A LIFE. Also, what the heck is up with people’s negative, pity party statuses alllllll the time? I mean, come on! Be happy! Seems like all I read on my news feed lately are people feeling bad for themselves and telling it to everyone on the internet. Here’s what I have to say to them: Life is not easy. Get over it. Stuff happens, so make the best of it. A person consciously chooses how he or she will act to the obstacles they experience. Here’s a quote from President Hinckley. He says it better, kinder, and with more patience: “In all of life have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” Now let’s all be happy please. And if you are going through a hard time, talk to someone about it. We all have a friend or a family member (and if you don’t, talk to me, I will gladly listen and try to help). So talk to them about it instead of posting it for everyone in the world to see. K Thanks.

I went to Hawaii for Christmas! A fun family vacation was the best Christmas present ever! We stayed at some way fun resorts, took our jeep through the jungle, and bummed on the beach. Here’s some pictures.





Last item of business, I have an announcement to make. So if you have been following my blog for for a while you might remember a post called “10 things I want”. And I posted this picture:

Wellllll… this particular thing that I wanted is actually happening. Yep, you read correctly. IT IS HAPPENING. I am going on a mission. My mission papers are in! I am waiting to receive my call and I am freaking out. I feel so blessed to be able to go, and I can’t wait to serve the Lord wherever he sends me. Now, to tie back in to the beginning of this post and being happy… the main thing that makes me happy is the gospel. The gospel literally means “good news”. The message of the gospel is happy one with forever families, a Savior, and a God who knows us personally, loves us, and wants us to return to Him. And I cannot wait to share that when I go on my mission. I just want to add some lyrics to a certain primary song that I has been stuck in my head.


"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am, I Know God's plan, I'll follow Him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor His name. I'll do what is right, I'll follow His light. His truth I will proclaim!" (Hopefully those are the right words, all from childhood memory) Thank you everyone for being such supportive friends and family. Loves.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I can't wait for you to be sharing that happiness with the people of wherever you serve! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex!!! I'm so happy for you! How did we get so old so fast?! You will be the most fantastic missionary! That is good news!! And Hawaii looks like it was a blast. I'm a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your big announcement might be engagement, but I was thrilled to see that you are goIng on a mission, Alex. You will be terrIfIc!! Can't wait to see where you end up going. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I actually just went on Facebook to see if you had any mission updates and I'm glad I saw this! I can't wait until you get your call and you are going to be such a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I have to say that I seriously admire you so much. Second, I'm so happy you're going on a mission. I want to so bad and you're a huge inspiration to me. That's all. You rock.

    ReplyDelete